How To Make Sure You Don't Miss Important Emails
If you signed up to get life-saving information and free self-defense tutorial but haven’t seen anything from us, it means we probably wound up in your “Promotions” or “Spam” folder.
Here’s how to fix it quickly:
- Gmail users: Check your “Promotions” tab and drag one of our emails to your “Primary” tab where the action happens. See how to do that here.
- Apple Mail readers: Tap our email address at the top of one of our emails (next to “From:” on mobile) and click “Add to VIPs.”
- Outlook: Right-click on one of our emails > click “Junk” > “Never Block Sender.”
- Yahoo Mail: Right-click our one of our emails > select “Filter emails like this” > choose the “Inbox” folder.
If that didn’t work, check out some tips below.
Here are some additional steps to ensure you don’t miss any important messages:
- Before anything else, head to your spam or junk folder.
- If you find our newsletter there, open it.
- Click “Not Spam” or “Report not junk.”
- Many email providers prioritize emails that you often interact with.
- Open, read, and click on the links in our emails.
- Or simply reply to one of our emails.
- Engaging with our content will make it more likely that it stays front and center, rather than be flagged as spam.
- For many email providers, adding an email address to your contacts list gives it a VIP status.
- Add our sending email address to your contact list ——> hello @ tigatactics . com
- Go to your email settings.
- Set up a filter that ensures all emails with our sending address go to your inbox.
- Gmail: Drag our newsletter from the “Promotions” tab to the “Primary” tab.
- Outlook: Right-click on our newsletter > click “Junk” > “Never Block Sender.”
- Yahoo Mail: Right-click our newsletter > select “Filter emails like this” > choose the “Inbox” folder.
- Some aggressive spam filters might be keeping our newsletters out.
- Go through your email settings to ensure filters aren’t too tight.
- Ensure you’ve subscribed to our newsletter with your primary email.
- If you’ve changed your email, update your subscription settings.